Job title: Quality Analyst – Physical Sciences and Engineering
Brand: Ulatus - Crimson Interactive Pvt. Ltd.
This opening is for an individual who is passionate about working with language and finds grammar concepts to be challenging and fun. An individual who would like to better understand the different nuances in a language and is enthusiastic about learning and keeping themselves updated about the language industry. If you are that individual who cannot stand incorrect punctuation or tense in a statement and know-how perfection in is achieved, well this will serve as the right opportunity to quench your thirst and fulfill your ambition.
We offer you a platform that boasts excellent brand names, top-notch visibility in the academic publishing industry, and an opportunity to learn as you work and grow with us professionally.
Be part of an organization that believes in constant employee engagement, talent-based growth, open-door policy, and superlative appreciation for high performers.
The summary of your role is as follows:
- Check, track, improve, and manage the quality of freelance (FL) translators and checkers.
Work in collaboration with various team’s,
Project Management (PM) and Client Servicing (CS) teams to understand and efficiently handle client consultations and requirements, as well as FL queries and concerns.
Freelance Recruitment team to hire high-quality freelancers for different services and projects.
Translation team to access and monitor translator quality and induction.
Final reviewers in Japan office to strategize next steps of overall improvement for freelance translators and checkers.
Be involved in several developmental activities and projects for internal and external clients.
Provide inputs for freelance induction and utilization.
- Responsible for Ulatus translation quality with respect to language, fluency, and grammar of the English language.
- Live and retrospective assignment audit and correction.
- Provide inputs and next steps in collaboration with the team manager on assignment quality issues.
- Monitoring and evaluating the quality of freelance translators and checkers.
- Improve translation quality through regular feedback, coaching, and training of freelance translators and checkers.
- Involvement in translation and new service consultations. (document/translator quality, subject area validation, freelancer translator/checkers profiles, new clients/processes)
- Monitor and audit “Trial” and “Special” projects.
- Maintain strong relationships with contract translators, editors, and proofreaders.
- Investigate client complaints regarding translation – holding both freelance and full-time employees accountable.
- Identifying potential risk areas and creating action plans to mitigate the risks.
- Perform other special projects or duties when required.
Work Experience and Skill Requirement:
- Superior language communication skills and the ability to explain language concepts to the translation team.
- Ability to multitask and demonstrate urgency and drive.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Must be a team player.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to work in a deadline-driven environment are essential.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
Preferred Skills Requirement:
- Minimum 2 years of experience in editing/copy editing or 1-year conducting quality reviews/audits.
- Technically strong command on English language skills
- Published scholarly papers in academic journals.
- Ability to follow a publication’s guidelines (style manual, handbook, etc.)
- Good online search and information verification skills.
- Prior academic editing experience.
- Ability to take on responsibilities beyond a defined role.
- Knowledge of the STM industry.
Qualification:- B.Tech/ M.Tech/ BSC – IT / MSC – IT /PHD – Physical Science and Engineering, below mentioned subject area
- Information Science
- Computer Science
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying