[RAx](https://raxter.io) (RA for Research Assistant) is the first smart workspace that helps researchers (students, professors, corporates) to be better and faster in their research projects. Powered with proprietary A.I algorithms and a unique approach to solving problems with design and tech, RAx is set to be the default workspace for any research-heavy projects. Launched in 2019, the product **connects information** (Research papers, Blogs, Wiki, Books, Courses, Videos, etc.)* **to behaviors** (reading, writing, annotating, discussing & more),* **opening up insights and opportunities** in academic space that was otherwise not possible (or not imaginable).
About the team
We are a small group of passionate researchers, engineers, and designers who came together to build a product that can revolutionize the way any research-intensive projects are done.
Reducing cognitive load and helping people to convert information into knowledge, is at the core of our mission. Our engineering team is building a scalable platform that deals with tons of data, A.I processing over the data and interactions of users from across the globe. We believe research plays a key role in making the world a better place, and we want to make it easy to approach and fun to do!
As a UX Head, you will help define and optimize the end-to-end product experience vision of RAx, including defining **user research methodologies**, **end-to-end user interaction experience**, **branding strategy**, and **visual communication strategy**.
You will also assist the marketing team in **market research**, **campaign design** and **positioning strategy**. You play a key role in helping RAx achieve its vision of building the most effective research workflow for any serious research.
You will collaborate across functions of Product, Engineering, Research, Marketing and Customer Success to build features that solve our users’ problems, are delightfully simple to use, and help drive business goals and product growth. With a key focus on solving complex information management and productivity problems using a digital solution.
1. Design world-class holistic product experience strategies (**product engagement**, **customer engagement**, **community building**)
2. Design, execute, and improvise **agile user research methodologies** and **design processes** that scale across our products
3. Design **in-product user growth** strategies
4. Detect retention threats and design **in-product user engagement** strategies
5. Together with the design team, plan user-behavior based and user-feedback based **design revisions**
6. Conduct thorough **UX analysis of competing products/features**
7. Be the **bridge-person** between our Product, Design, Marketing, and Customer Success teams to strategize on product roadmap (new features and iterations), design marketing and promotional campaigns, and support other business requirements
8. Collaborate with a team of 2-3 designers via design reviews, design critique, and design sprint planning
Skills & Experience
1. **Strong background in research methodologies** (academic or corporate) with a proven track record of research skills via publications or delivery of research-heavy projects
2. 3-5 years of product/project management experience in researchtech or edtech domain
3. Strong knowledge of User Research methodologies and UX design
4. Good understanding of UI design
5. Great presentation and communication skills to get the team on board with your vision
6. Obsession with users - who they are and how they use the product - to create the best experience for them; knowledge of tools like Mixpanel and Amplitude is going to be a huge advantage.
7. Bias for action with a focus on measurable results - ship high-quality releases, take feedback from users, apply learnings, refine the product, repeat.
8. Experience building products for mobile and web platforms
9. Ability to thrive in startups with fast-paced environment and take ownership for working through ambiguity
- A Ph.D. from a reputed university/institute/lab
- Highly networked in academia and corporate research community
- Prior experience in researchtech/edtech/publishing/STM verticle
- Experience working on productivity tools
- A good understanding of how software systems work
About the Company:
Crimson Interactive Pvt. Ltd.
Crimson is best defined as an organization that encourages innovation, employs creativity, and implements invention of nascent yet brilliant ideas, out-of-the-box strategies, and creative renditions of minds that work together to progress steadily.
Crimson Interactive Pvt. Ltd. provides Editorial Services to individual clients and corporate customers worldwide. We have over 40,000+ clients spanning more than 89 countries. Under the brands Enago, Voxtab, and Ulatus, Crimson works with a pool of highly skilled freelance professionals and a dynamic and constantly growing in-house team.
We provide specialized services to researchers, journals, and information specialists from various fields including medicine, biomedical sciences, physical sciences, and humanities.
Crimsone’s Hall of Fame
A constant winner in the publishing industry, Crimson has grown from strength to strength.
- October 2014: BIZZ 2014 Award for Business Excellence and Excellence in Quality Management
- July 2013: Crimson won the much coveted 'India SME Heroes Challenge' initiated by FICCI and Google India.
- October 2012: Crimson won the revered World Quality Commitment Award in the Gold category.
- January 2011: Crimson won the prestigious Red Herring Top 100 Global Award for 2010. November 2010: Crimson was announced the proud winner of the renowned Red- Herring Asia Award.
- March 2009: Sharad Mittal, CEO, was honored with the revered Indian Achievers Award for Corporate Leadership by All India Achievers Foundation.
Certifications: ISO 9001:2008 Quality Management Systems and ISO/IEC 27001:2005 Certified for Information Security Management.
Life at Crimson
Crimson is renowned the world over for its innovation but it is also famous for its excellent work culture. The company does not believe in any run-of-the-mill ideas endorsed by the corporate world. What it does endorse is unlimited enthusiasm to learn, uninhibited creative ideas to share, and unified energy that runs in the framework of the organization.
Crimson boasts a plush work area with fully equipped work stations for all employees, a state-of-the-art pantry with a much favorite coffee vending machine, a reading room with a back and foot massager that offers a quite sanctuary to all in need, and several conference and meeting rooms to add to the galore. To know more about Crimson benefits, click here: http://www.crimsoni.com/benefits-development.htm
The organization strongly believes in having fun to appreciate and laud the hard work that its employees put in. The Crimson Annual Awards Night is always a winner in this respect. Several monthly events also add to the element
Crimson Interactive Pvt. Ltd. believes that success comes to those who walk the path leading to it. Crimson is a progressive organization that believes in its employees and offers a platform for growth, appreciation, and a successful career.