Job Title: Regional Sales Manager – Latam
Location: Depends on the candidate location (Chile, Colombia, Peru)
Roles and Expectations:
1. Complete accountability for new B2B sales and Account Management
2. Opportunity to travel across Latam and business trips to Mumbai
3. Opportunity to represent the Organization in Regional Events/Conferences
4. Involvement in strategy development for Latam
5. Experience of working with an international company
6. Young and dynamic work culture with good career progression opportunities
1. B2B Sales & Business Development (Primary):
1-1. Build and manage high-level clients, strategic partnerships and industry relationships with universities, research institutes, hospitals, Publishers, Pharma Companies etc
1-2. Recruit and manage channel partners, participate in Academic Workshops/Conferences
1-3. Build alliances with universities/publishing houses/research laboratories/hospitals/corporates etc. to promote our academic editing and translation services
1-4. Manage the existing portfolio
2. Strategy development and implementation:
Draft and execute Latam sales strategy aligned to our organizational goals and targets, in close consultation with Mumbai-based top management. You will be instrumental to our Latam operations and strategy.
3. Market research:
Analyze and brief in-house departments (Marketing, Client Servicing, CRM etc.) on Latin market trends, business environment, govt. policies etc. that may affect the company's operations, sales target and overall growth.
You will be solely responsible for new B2B sales and existing Account Management in your defined region. You will work independently but will be accountable to the top management in Mumbai.
1. Candidates should have 3-5 years of solid experience in B2B and B2C sales and business development in the service industry. You need to be able to generate your own leads through cold calls and emails along with establishing high-level business contacts in academia.
2. Proficiency in English in both verbal and written communication is necessary.
3. You will need to travel extensively within your defined region in Latam and make business trips to Mumbai, India as per requirement.
4. You need to be independent, driven, quick to adapt, and good at problem solving. You will be working remotely with Operations and Project Management colleagues based in Mumbai and collaborate with different departments (Marketing, Client Servicing, project management, among others).
Experiences in the academia (e.g. having obtained an advance degree and written a thesis/dissertation, worked as a teaching/research/admin assistant in universities), the publication industry, or Language Solutions are pluses but not requirements.