Job title: Manuscript Submission Expert
Department: Publication Support
Location: Goregaon West, Mumbai
Shift timings: 10am to 7pm (2 weekly offs)
Reports to: Deputy Manager (PM)
Works with: Publication Support team
As a submission expert, you’re joining a team of Research Publication Support experts who work with researchers from around the world in communicating the latest innovative research. You find yourself most content in being able to communicate with authors, professors, and universities head. As an expert you will be responsible for submission of manuscripts to renowned journals throughout the world and align the manuscript as per journal guidelines. The exciting and the challenging part of the day would be you will be involved in Client servicing, Project management and developmental activities for ensuring the smooth running of the process. This makes the position challenging and is ideal for those who are interested in continual learning and self-development in this role.
- Understanding the scope of research in the manuscript and rectifying it with the assistance of internal team/functions to meet the journal expectations.
- Creating client profile on their behalf if not already done by the client on journal.
- Addressing the questions required by the journal on behalf of the client.
- Preparing a checklist of questions required by the journal and sending to client to answer those which we are unable to answer. (Fixed template)
- Preparing a Merged PDF and sending client for confirmation before final submission.
- Emailing journals if certain details need to be checked/rectified on client’s behalf.
- Checking the status of submission on a monthly basis and updating the records.
- Work with multiple internal departments to create a consistent client message.
- Answer client questions or concerns in a timely, informative, and professional manner.
Experience, Professional/Personal attributes & Technical Skills
Minimum 1 year of experience in publication industry and has dealt with journals.
Strong customer service and interpersonal communication skills
Able to manage time, projects and be detail oriented.
Strong judgment and decision-making skills; self-directed and able to multitask
Knowledge of conflict resolution techniques
Comfortable working independently and collaboratively
Adept problem solver
Should be open to learn new things and technologies.
Masters degree in Science (Life Science/Medical Science) is highly preferred.
- Love for reading – Yes, since you’ll typically spend a large portion of your day reading unpublished research and assessing what PhDs and editors have written and delivered, it’s only obvious that you must like reading, and more importantly, love to know what is happening all around the world through research.
- High attention to detail – Given the nature of work, high level of attention to detail is what will help you excel in your work.
- Good Communication Skills – You will need to interact with a lot of people. Typically, at 5 stakeholders and some of them from the other side of the globe. Good communication skills will help you express your thoughts clearly, get your work done faster and better and ensure we deliver the best to our customers.
- Logical and Analytical Thought process – There’s a checklist for almost everything we assess, but sometimes quality, rather – the right or the wrong is about common sense, and the ability to decide what’s best to do after understanding all pros and cons and you’ll need to use your decision making abilities to arrive at the best next step.
- Microsoft Office – You would be using this a lot. Especially MS Word and MS Excel.
- Publishing Experience – This is preferred, but not compulsory. If you have been a researcher yourself, or have been involved in authoring/co-author research papers, have an understanding of the STM industry, you sure are in an advantage position.
- Planning, Organization and Project Management – You’d always be working on 10-20 projects every day, and sometimes choosing between which one to do first. Your ability to prioritize and execute your plan will come handy.
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying