Job Title: Regional Sales Manager – Brazil
Roles and Expectations:
1. Complete accountability for Brazil B2B sales and joint responsibility for B2C sales (shared with Marketing)
2. Opportunity to travel in Brazil and business trips to Mumbai
3. Involvement in strategy development for Brazil
4. Experience of working with an international company
5. Young and dynamic work culture with good career progression opportunities
1. B2B Sales & Business Development (Primary):
1-1. Build and manage high-level clients, strategic partnerships and industry relationships with universities, research institutes, hospitals, Publishers, Pharma Companies etc
1-2. Recruit and manage channel partners, participate in Academic Workshops/Conferences
1-3. Build alliances with universities/publishing houses/research laboratories/hospitals/corporates etc. to promote our academic editing and translation services
2. Strategy development and implementation:
Draft and execute Brazil sales strategy aligned to our organizational goals and targets, in close consultation with Mumbai-based top management. You will be instrumental to our Brazil operations and strategy.
3. Market research:
Analyze and brief in-house departments (Marketing, Client Servicing, CRM etc.) on Brazilian market trends, business environment, govt. policies etc. that may affect the company's operations, sales target and overall growth.
You will be solely responsible for our B2B sales figures in Brazil and a major stakeholder in B2C sales. You will work independently but are accountable to the top management.
1. Candidates should have 3-5 years of solid experience in B2B and B2C sales and business development in the service industry. You need to be able to generate your own leads through cold calls and emails along with establishing high level business contacts.
2. Proficient in English in both verbal and written communication is necessary.
3. You will need to travel extensively in Brazil and make business trips to Mumbai, India.
4. You need to be independent, driven, quick to adapt, and good at problem solving. You will be working remotely with Operations and Project Management colleagues based in Mumbai and collaborate with different departments (Marketing, Client Servicing, project management, among others).
Experiences in the academia (e.g. having obtained an advance degree and written a thesis/dissertation, worked as a teaching/research/admin assistant in universities), the publication industry, or Language Solutions are pluses but not requirements.